Xanthan Gum (Gluten-free/Vegan thickening)
✔ Get a free sample for every Rs. 500 of purchase
✔ Add a product other than items being purchased
✔ Free Sample must be added before Checkout
Orders are shipped within 2 business days from payment. Delivery ranges from 3-9 days depending on your location.
Sattvic Foods is committed to your complete satisfaction. We assure you that every purchase is pure and of the highest quality available. If for any reason you are unsatisfied simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or reply to your order email.
Xanthan Gum is a vegan thickening agent that is sourced purely from plants and also works as a stabilizer. It has a number of powerful properties: First, it works as an emulsifier, enabling liquids that normally don't like one another to mix together. Second, it works as a thickener in liquids and batters.
Because baked goods made with regular flours depend on gluten for structure, those made with gluten-free flours will often require a thickener to keep them from crumbling. Most gluten-free baking recipes suggest Xanthan Gum.
A natural carbohydrate made of corn sugar treated and fermented with the bacteria Xanthomonas campestris. In gluten-free cooking, It plays a crucial role in imitating gluten. In baking, gluten is what makes dough sticky, elastic and viscous.
How To Use
For a cup of gluten-free flour use 1 tsp of xanthan for cakes and cookies and 2 tsp for bread and pizza.
- It acts as a binder, stabilizer, and thickener
- It also helps in creating a uniform texture in food products
- It acts as a fat replacement
- It helps to create a creamy texture
- In Frozen foods, it prevents the formation of ice crystals and also can act as an additive in ice cream or desserts.
- The primary health benefit of xanthan gum is it acts as a replacement for gluten. People who suffer from celiac disease or gluten intolerance can enjoy baked food and other items without gluten. Other health benefits of xanthan gum include laxative effects.
- Helps people with swallowing problems by making the liquids thicker.
- It also helps in stabilizing blood sugar levels.
Why Buy Ours
- Can be used as an alternative to corn starch.
- A natural thickener, Xantham gum will help thicken sauces, dips soups and other recipes to your desired results.