Steel cut Oats (Gluten-free)
✔ Get a free sample for every Rs. 500 of purchase
✔ Add a product other than items being purchased
✔ Free Sample must be added before Checkout
Orders are shipped within 2 business days from payment. Delivery ranges from 3-9 days depending on your location.
Sattvic Foods is committed to your complete satisfaction. We assure you that every purchase is pure and of the highest quality available. If for any reason you are unsatisfied simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or reply to your order email.
Also called Scottish Oats or Irish Oats are groats (whole oat kernels) cut into two or three pieces. The difference between rolled and steel-cut oats is that steel cut leaves the endosperm intact, making them healthier than rolled.
Our selection process helps ensure that only the best quality oats are selected to progress to the cleaning and cutting process. This minimal processing retains all of the nutrients that people look for in their oats. Steel-cut oats are a rich source of fibre, protein, and magnesium. Not only are you able to eat them as oatmeal but they add health benefits to bread, bakes and protein shakes. All of that simply makes our oats a cut above the rest.
Our Steel-cut Oats contain a high amount of Beta-Glucans
Beta-glucan is known to lower bad cholesterol and triglycerides. By eating oats daily one can see a reduction in bad cholesterol (LDL) levels between 5-7 per cent. Beta-glucan, being a soluble fibre, slows down food transit in the body, thus slowing down digestion. This means the body doesn't absorb sugar and keeps blood sugar levels regulated. Beta-glucan, being indigestible, goes through the whole digestive tract taking cholesterol out with it thus helping lower cholesterol levels.
Oats, as we know them today, originate from the wild red oat, a plant which has origins in Asia. Oats were originally cultivated for medicinal purposes but have now become a food staple due to their numerous health benefits. We import whole grain Oats from Western Australia which is one of the highest quality producers of this healthy grain. These Oats are then washed, hulled and dried in India and further processed at our facilities.
How To Use
Enjoy a deliciously wholesome, chewy, hot cereal or on the go snack that provides lasting energy all morning. Steel Cut Oats are a favourite breakfast cereal and the perfect way to start your day.
- Bake into Breads, cereal
- Make porridge or oatmeal
There are two ways to cook:
- Soak in boiling water overnight, and cook for 5-8 minutes in the morning.
- Cook in boiling water uncovered, stirring occasionally for about 25-30 minutes until desired texture is achieved
Here are some of our handpicked favourite recipes:
Read more about the Health Benefits of Oats
- Low GI Food- Steel cuts oats are slightly higher in fibre than rolled and quick oats. They also have the lowest glycaemic index of the three types of oats, potentially making them the best choice for blood sugar control.
- Diabetic Friendly- Steel-cut oats are best for type 2 diabetes because they are the least processed version of oat groats.
- Helps Lowers Cholesterol- It contains soluble fibre that can reduce the absorption of cholesterol into your bloodstream.
- Improve Gut Health- Oats contain a unique type of fibre that nourishes and restores healthy gut bacteria. This makes oats a great food to eat every day and they are especially suited to breakfast – porridge, muesli or a smoothie with oats.
Why Buy Ours
At last, Oats that people with celiac disease or gluten intolerance can enjoy, too! Oats are not only an excellent source of dietary fibre but they also reduce serum cholesterol levels in the body. In comparison with most other whole grains, Oats are much higher in protein and healthy fats. They are also comparatively lower in carbohydrates. They contain more soluble fibre than other grains.
Oats contain more than 20 unique polyphenols, which have strong anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-itching properties. They also have the best amino acid balance of all cereal grains. Most of the Oats available commercially are Instant Oats, here is an article that compares the health benefits of Quick Oats, Steel Cut Oats, or Regular Oats.
Since our Oat products are 100% natural and unprocessed they are at a high risk of infestation, especially during monsoons due to higher moisture levels. PLEASE REFRIGERATE IMMEDIATELY upon receipt.