Chia Seeds (Salvia hispanica)
✔ Get a free sample for every Rs. 500 of purchase
✔ Add a product other than items being purchased
✔ Free Sample must be added before Checkout
Orders are shipped within 2 business days from payment. Delivery ranges from 3-9 days depending on your location.
Sattvic Foods is committed to your complete satisfaction. We assure you that every purchase is pure and of the highest quality available. If for any reason you are unsatisfied simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or reply to your order email.
Chia seeds, a staple in the Aztec diet of ancient Latin America have recently gained popularity among the hottest superfoods in the industry thanks to their plethora of nutritional benefits. Chia is an edible seed that comes from the desert plant Salvia hispanica, grown in Mexico and dating back to Mayan and Aztec cultures.
The word "Chia" means strength, and folklore has it that these cultures used tiny black and white seeds as an energy booster. That makes sense, as chia seeds are a concentrated food containing healthy omega-3 fatty acids, carbohydrates, protein, fibre, antioxidants, and calcium. From being used in religious ceremonies of the olden days, almost every health-conscious person these days knows about chia and how it can be a great dietary adjunct to supporting long-term health.
With plenty of myths and beliefs backing it, the usage of Chia seeds has regained popularity and has brought it to the forefront yet again! It is said that Mayans & Aztec cultures used Chia seeds to gain supernatural powers… well I don’t know about supernatural powers but it is definitely a supernatural powerhouse! It draws evermore attention because of its great usage by the Mexican Tarahumara tribe who are known for their runners who have admitted that the intake of Chia seeds increases their potential to a great extent! Well now isn’t that interesting! Being an integral ingredient in Central America & Mexico, its dietary benefits have made it popular among the healthy class groups.
We source our Chia seeds from farming cooperatives in Andhra Pradesh, where we provide education and support to these farmers on the sustainable agriculture of these seeds.
How To Use
- Add to your fruit juice or lime water.
- These can be added to egg white omelettes and can be put on salads.
- Add them to protein shakes to add some natural goodness to it.
- Sprinkle them into cereals or mix them in yoghurt, oatmeal, pancakes, and cookies.
- Blend chia seeds into your milkshakes along with other nuts and fruits.
- Add grounded chia seeds into your chapatti dough.
- High Dietary Nutrients- A small serving of Chia seeds carries a great number of nutrients. Its high nutrient value makes it a perfect addition to the diet chart.
- Perfect for Weight loss- Chia seeds have a tendency to absorb water 10-12 times their weight causing a feeling of fullness and slow absorption of food. Ultimately, results in weight loss.
- Healthy Gut- The fibre content in Chia seeds, feeds the good bacteria in the intestines, making the gut flora well fed.
- The best source of fibre- Having 40% fibre by weight, it is tagged as one of the best sources of fibre.
- Protein Provider- The protein content in Chia seeds is about 14% which is decent when compared to most plants.
- Low risk for heart disease- Chia seeds are rich in fibre, protein & omega-3, which are helpful to reduce the risk of heart disease
- Bone Nutrition- Chia seed contains several bone-friendly nutrients, including phosphorous, protein, calcium & magnesium.
Why Buy Ours
- Our Chia seeds are gluten-free, easy to digest, and don’t have to be ground like flax seeds for better absorption.
- These seeds which are small in size but pack a highly nutritious punch per gram are widely believed to increase athletic performance and improve the functioning of one’s immune system.
The wait is over! The ultimate dietary food is just a click away to get added to your daily routine! Read more about the Health Benefits of Chia Seeds Check out for more Recipe ideas and health benefits.