About Milk Thistle
- Milk thistle gets its name from the milky sap that comes out of the leaves when they are broken
- Milk thistle has actually been used for over 2,000 years. The plant is native to the Mediterranean but is now being grown in several other regions
- The seeds are most commonly used to make medicine as they are very effective in detoxifying and supporting the liver
Our Milk Thistle is grown in Kashmir under the guidance of expert horticulturists who have been cultivating rare herbs for medicinal benefits as well as trade/export.
- Milk thistle contains the flavonoid silymarin, which is responsible for many of its beneficial effects, including liver protection and antioxidant, anti-viral, and anti-inflammatory properties
- Milk thistle may fight liver disease and reduce liver injury caused by a number of drugs and environmental toxins
- Milk thistle also has potential anti-cancer and anti-diabetes benefits and supports kidney, brain, and heart health
Organic whole Milk Thistle Seeds
Why buy our Seeds?
- Ours are unheated, untreated, uncooked and the purest form of milk thistle seeds available
- It is grown by independent farmers in India. Buying from us is supporting sustainable agriculture in India and independent farmers
- Naturally gluten free, this superfood is a great addition to any diet, and an ideal solution for those following a gluten free, vegan or vegetarian diet
How to use
- Eat plain, roasted or sprinkle over salad
- Milk thistle seeds may be roasted and used as a coffee substitute. For liver detox take thrice a day for three weeks