Coconut Sugar is made from the sap of the coconut tree. Cuts are made at the flower buds, the sap is extracted and heated to evaporate moisture. The resulting crystals are in the form of coconut sugar. They have a naturally caramel flavour and is a healthy substitute to brown sugar or other refined/chemical sweeteners.
Small and independent family enterprises in Pollachi, Tamil Nadu
About our Coconut Sugar
This Coconut Sugar is:
- Not Processed: No chemical processes involved in the extraction of this sugar
- Unrefined: This sugar does not undergo any refining or bleaching
- Natural: So it’s free from pesticides, GMOs, and hexane.
Unlike refined sugars, this sugar has a lower glycemic index, it is higher in essential nutrients and has 16 vital amino acids.
How to use
- Use as a substitute for sugar or any other sweetener in 1:1 ratio
- Light caramelized coconut flavor allows it to blend seamlessly into sweet or savory baked goods