Serves: 10-12 cookies
Prep time: 5 m
Cook Time:10 m
This 4 ingredient recipe is not only so easy and quick to make but is also gluten-free and low in sugar. Chia seeds are packed with nutrients and anti-oxidants, and along with the peanut butter and cocoa powder, this makes for a great recipe that's full of fibre and protein. It's also a healthy snack for kids as these tasty cookies will help them benefit from the nutrition of the chia seeds which are fantastic for your digestion and keeping your heart healthy.
- 1 Cup peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup OR agave syrup
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Prepare your baking tray by lining with non stick baking spray or parchment paper.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and mix well into a cookie dough.
- Roll the cookie doll into roughly 10 -12 balls - golf ball size and place on baking tray. Using a fork, flatten out the dough into a cookie shape. Place in oven for 10 minutes or until the edges start to crisp.
- Remove cookies from the oven and allow to cool. To store, place cookies in an airtight container for 48 hours.