Water chestnut flour Description
Water chestnut is an aquatic vegetable that is native to India. Water chestnut flour is made from dried, ground water chestnuts. The bulbs or nuts are boiled, peeled and then ground into flour. It’s used mostly as a thickening agent and to make batters.
Our Water Chestnuts are sourced from Mandu, Madhya Pradesh where they are grown in ponds and then processed by the villagers.
- Water chestnut has an immensely cooling effect on the body
- They contain a high level of antioxidants, anti-bacterial, antiviral, anticancer properties and can help strengthen the stomach and fight of diseases.
- Helpful in eliminating toxins from the body and promote youthful skin
Water chestnut flour
Why buy ours?
- Ours are unheated, untreated, uncooked and the purest form of water chestnut flour available
- It is grown by independent farmers in India. Buying from us is supporting sustainable agriculture in India and independent farmers
- Naturally gluten free, this superfood is a great addition to any diet, and an ideal solution for those following a gluten free, vegan or vegetarian diet
How to use
- Dissolve powder in water or juice and drink twice a day
- Use as a thickening agent in soups, broths and cooking