Unfermented Cacao Beans Description
The use of cacao for health dates back at least 3,000 years. The process of manufacturing dark chocolate retains epicatechin. Both epidemiological and clinical studies suggest a beneficial effect of dark chocolate on blood pressure, lipids and inflammation. Proposed mechanisms underlying these benefits include enhanced nitric oxide bioavailability and improved mitochondrial structure and function.
To get these benefits, the cacao needs to be pure. One of the purest forms is in the beans themselves because they have the least processing, and includes cacao nibs. Cacao nibs are cacao beans that have been roasted, separated from their husks and broken into smaller pieces. Their health benefits include
Maintain muscle and nerve function
Helps lose weight
Reduce risk of heart disease and stroke
Why Buy our Cacao Beans
- If you enjoy the bitterness of Cacao or you want to make Chocolate, this is for you.
- Our Cacao Beans are sourced from an independent farmer in Pollachi, Tamil Nadu who carefully selects and processes only the highest quality beans.
- Studies show that cacao beans have higher antioxidant levels than blueberries, red wine and green tea.
- Hailed as the “Food of the Gods”, cacao contains the highest concentration of magnesium and antioxidants of any food on the planet.
- To preserve the complex flavor profile and health benefits, the beans are carefully harvested, washed with a mineral wash to disinfect them from any harmful contaminants, and sun-dried, never being exposed to damaging high temperatures.
- Our whole beans have a creamy, full-bodied flavor and a delightful crunch.