About our Sun-dried Tomatoes
Sun-dried Tomatoes are prepared using ripe tomatoes that have spent a good deal of time basking in the blazing sunshine. Post this process, the tomato fruits lose their moisture but maintain their nutritional value. During cooking, the natural levels of lycopene (an antioxidant) present in tomatoes rise. By sun drying them, the sun’s natural heat does the same thing, and these Sun Dried Tomatoes now have 12 times the antioxidants as raw tomatoes!
They also absolutely burst with flavour in their sun dried state.
Why buy our Sun-dried Tomatoes?
- The tomatoes are high in lycopene, antioxidants and vitamin C, and low in sodium, fat and calories.
- Ours are hygenically dried with Solar Dryers
How to use Sun-dried Tomatoes
Firstly chop them and let them steep in hot water or wine for a minimum of 15 mins, then drain them before using:
- Serve with appetizers
- Add to your salads and sandwiches
- Add to soups, pastas & other cooking
- Use in hummus, dips & marinades
Check out some of our favourite recipes here
If you would like to know more about the health benefits of sundried tomatoes