Organic Himalayan Rye Flour Description
Our Rye Flour is 100% stone ground from organic Himalayan Rye grains.
Rye has gained worldwide popularity due to its distinctive flavour. Its ability to withstand cold weather conditions better than other grains has ensured that it remains a staple in Eastern European countries and Scandinavia.
Rye is rich in dietary fibre and iron. It is a nutritious source of antioxidants and nutrients. Rye is not gluten-free but contains lesser gluten than wheat.
This flour does not contain the outer seed coat, the bran or the germ, hence it is light in colour.
Source of our Rye
A popular grain and staple in Eastern Europe, it grows just as easily in our Himalayas. Our Rye is farmed at altitudes as high as 4,400 meters. This magical grain grows in much poorer soils than those necessary for most cereal grains and is hence grown Organically by default. Rye plant also has superior tolerance to cold than most other grains.
Organic Rye Flour
Why Buy Our Rye Flour
- Rye’s dietary fibre content is the highest among common cereals. Rye bread contains about three times more fibre than white wheat bread.
- Rye flour is a complete protein containing all 9 essential amino acids, Vitamins E , B and several minerals including selenium, magnesium, copper, zinc and phosphorus
- Ours is organically and sustainably grown by independent farmers in the Himalayan mountains near Kullu, Himachal Pradesh.
- Our Rye is stone ground hence preserving the maximum nutritional value
How to use our Rye Flour
Add rye flour to your baked goodies and relish its delicious, unmistakable flavour. Our Rye Flour makes an outstanding, dark and aromatic bread.
Rye flour can be used in pancakes, waffles, crackers and makes a fabulous pizza crust!
- Bake into Breads and Pizza Crust
- Make pancakes and Crepes
Here are some of our handpicked favourite recipes:
Read more about Rye v/s Wheat