Organic Red Quinoa Description
Organic Red Quinoa is an ancient grain variety that was originally grown on family plots at over 12,000 ft. on the Andean Plateau in South America. They have the best amino acid profile of all grains. They are easy to cook, have high fiber content and are easy to assimilate. They are also rich in magnesium, folate and B vitamins. Red Quinoa is sweeter than white. So basically it’s a fluffy grain as versatile as rice with a slight nutty flavor.
Our red quinoa is grown organically in Anantapur, A.P obtained working directly with farmers while promoting sustainable agricultural practices.
About our Red Quinoa
- Nutrient-rich and honored as a sacred crop by the ancient Incas. It is native to the Andes mountains of South America. Having gained immense popularity for its amazing taste and health benefits, it has become a worldwide phenomenon.
- It is a good source of iron, potassium, manganese and phosphorus and also popular because of its higher quality protein content.
- A complete protein, which means it provides all nine essential amino acids necessary for good health.
- It is naturally gluten-free and a great source of dietary fiber.
Organic whole grain Red Quinoa
Why buy our Red Quinoa?
- It is triple-washed and doesn’t have a hint of bitterness (We have learned and mastered the correct technique from South American Natives).
- It is organically grown by independent farmers in India. Buying from us is supporting sustainable agriculture in India and independent farmers.
- Naturally gluten free, this superfood is a great addition to any diet, and an ideal solution for those following a gluten free, vegan or vegetarian diet that are looking to increase their protein and fiber.
How to use
To Prepare: Wash several times in cold water, rinse, and add 1 cup quinoa to 1 1/4 cups of boiling water. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes, and fluff. Serves 4.
Our Red Quinoa can literally be substituted in any recipe calling for rice. It can be cooked or sprouted and combined with Salads. It also serves as a great accompaniment with yellow moong dal and any other curries particularly coconut based.
Read more about Health Benefits of this superfood