Coconut Flour (Defatted) Description
Coconut flour is a delicious, healthy alternative to wheat and other grain flours. It has become a good choice for Gluten-free baking.
Small and independent family enterprises in Goa
How is it made
- Coconuts are carefully selected and skinned
- Skinned coconuts are washed and then blended with water to remove the milk
- The strained Coconut is then hung dried and dehydrated
- It is then ground in a gluten free mill to produce Coconut Flour
About our Coconut Flour
This Flour is Rich in Vitamin A, B1, B2, B6 and E apart from several essential fatty acids.
This Coconut Flour is:
- Not Processed: This powder is ground from the dried coconut meats at a temperature not exceeding 50 degree Centigrade. Minimal heat and no chemical processes involved in the extraction of this powder.
- Natural: So it’s free from pesticides, GMOs, and hexane.
How to use
A single 2 Tbsp serving of coconut flour delivers 5 grams of fiber with only 8 grams of carbs. This is a healthier alternative for those that are conscious of carbohydrates or Paleo.
It can replace up to 20% of the flour in a recipe
See some fantastic recipes by the Coconut Mama.
Must refrigerate upon receiving