Organic Acai Berry Powder Description
About Acai Berry Powder
Acai (Euterpe oleracea – pronounced ah – sigh – ee) is a unique dark purple berry that grows high up in palm trees native to Central & South America, and is found predominantly in the Amazonian Rain Forest. These Berries have been traditionally consumed as a healthy “Whole-Food” source by the native peoples of Brazil and neighboring countries
Acai Berries contain: Naturally-Occurring Phytonutrients (such as: Anthocyanins, Polyphenols & Phytosterols), Healthy Omega Fatty Acids (with similar Essential Fatty Acid Profile to Olive Oil), Fiber & Protein (Rare in Fruits).
Our Acai berry powder comes directly from the Rainforests of Brazil.
The berries are picked and immediately freeze dried to preserve their natural state and freshness.
It is Non GMO, FDA Approved, Freeze Dried, Organic.
Thanks to the high levels of antioxidants, açaí powder helps to neutralize free radicals in the body and assist in cellular renewal, benefiting everything from skin to brain function. It is also a good source of polyphenols and flavonoids, which is indicated by the fruit’s dark purple, almost indigo hue. This super fruit is even extremely low in sugar (1 serving of açaí powder has less than 1 gram of sugar!)
- Vitamin A which may contribute to healthy immunity, vision, bone health and cell integrity
- Vitamin C which may function as an antioxidant as well as contribute to healthy immunity and bone health
- Omega-3 essential fatty acids which may contribute to mental function and hearth health
- Calcium which may assist in supporting strong bones
- Potassium which may help maintain healthy blood pressure in combination with a low sodium diet
How to Consume
Açaí’s tart, berry-like taste lends itself well to sweet breakfasts and desserts. Thanks to its high levels of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, açaí powder adds a creamy taste to anything it’s added to. Açaí blends particularly well into smoothies, drinks, yogurt, oatmeal, quick-bread and muffin recipes,
- Mix in Porridge, Oatmeal, Smoothies, Yogurt or Granola
- Add to desserts
- Mix in Coffee or Tea, hot or cold water (with milk or honey), juices or smoothies
1-3 teaspoons a day. 1 teaspoon equals 3 grams (1 tsp = 3g)