Serves: 6-7 pancakes
Prep time: 7 m
Cook Time: 10 m
This is a healthy gluten-free recipe loaded with fibre, protein and minerals as quinoa is one of the main ingredients. Quinoa is a well know and almost ‘trendy’ superfood, high in antioxidants and various nutrients helping to fight against signs of ageing and many diseases. Apart from feeding the body with natural goodness, it also helps to shed that extra weight.
The cinnamon and vanilla work well together creating highly flavoursome pancakes. Cinnamon is a delicious spice that is known for its medicinal properties, as it is rich in anti-oxidants and used to fight inflammation, as well as being linked to a healthy heart and lowering blood sugar. Vanilla is also known for its antioxidant activity and anti-inflammation abilities.
You do not need to be gluten intolerant to enjoy this recipe as you cannot go wrong benefiting from all the natural goodness that quinoa has to offer to improve your well-being.
- 1 cup quinoa flour
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Baking powder
- 2 Teaspoons Ground cinnamon
- A Pinch of Salt
- 3/4 Cups Dairy milk or any milk of your choice
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tablespoon Organic Wet-Milled Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla extract
- You need to begin by lightly toasting the quinoa flour. Place a non-stick pan or skillet on low to medium heat. Add the flour, stirring until the flour starts to brown a little. This will take a few minutes. Remove from heat and place in a bowl allowing to cool.
- Add the sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt to the toasted flour and mix together. In a separate bowl, whisk the milk, egg, oil and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir well. This should create a smooth creamy batter. If the batter is a little thick, you can add more milk.
Heat a non stick pan or skillet over medium heat. With coconut oil. Use 1/4 cup of batter and pour onto pan for one pancake. Cook until the batter starts to bubble and then flip. Be careful, as gluten free pancakes are slightly more fragile than regular batter. Cook until both sides are golden brown. Repeat until the remaining batter is finished.
Time to serve!!! For extra sweetness drizzle some Sattvic Foods Raw Honey on top and enjoy.
To purchase our Nutritious Sattvic Foods Quinoa Flour, click here: https://sattvicfoods.in/product/gluten-free-quinoa-flour/
To purchase our healthy coconut oil, please click here: https://sattvicfoods.in/product/extra-virgin-coconut-oil/
To purchase our Sattvic Foods Forest Honey, please click here: https://sattvicfoods.in/product/forest-honey/