Today we would like to share with you our all-time-favourite cookies. A very quick and simple recipe we came up with to substitute for biscuits at tea time (actually, at-any-time).
They are packed with nutrients and are very satisfying.
We have used only healthy and pure ingredients to make a gluten-free, high protein cookie that should be compatible with all healthy eating plans.
Oat Cookie Ingredients:
- 1 kg Rolled Oats
- 1/3 cup Whey Protein powder
- 1/3 cup Dark Cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup Cashew halves/pieces
- 1/3 cup chopped, deseeded Dates
- 1/3 cup Dried Black Currants
- 1/4 cup Ghee
- 1/3 cup black Jaggery (melted in water to pouring consistency)
- Warm Water
- 2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1 tsp Nutmeg Powder
- Dessicated Coconut (optional)
If missing any of the above ingredients you can use suitable substitutes at your own discretion.
Oat Cookie Preparation:
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and knead till smooth and dough-like
- Shape into Cookies, Bars or balls as desired.
Optionally, you can dip them in a bowl of dessicated coconut and coat the cookies too.
- Bake at 180*C for 25 mins
- Cool. Store in an Air tight container.
Upto 1 week without refrigeration