Ganesh Chaturthi, the festival of Lord Ganesha, is celebrated widely in many parts of India – and in our home state of Goa!
Many of my childhood memories revolve around this beautiful festival. The colours! The lights! The aromas! The fun!…. The best part was Family getting together for the festival – everything was done together! Not to forget gorging on OUR FAVOURITE GANESH LADDUS. Yumm!
Till date, Ganesh Chaturthi, for us, is synonymous with what we call ‘Ganesh Laddus’. These laddus were prepared with Whole Wheat Atta, Ghee and Jaggery.
Today we share with you an equally yummy – gluten free version of Our Ganesh Laddus….
Ganesh Laddus Ingredients
Makes 8 bite sized laddus
- 2 cups Oat Flour
- 1/4 cup Ghee
- Warm Water
- 1/3 cup Black Jaggery (Melted in warm water to pouring consistency)
- Combine Oat Flour with Ghee till it starts lumping a bit. Then add warm water and Mix well. Knead into a smooth dough.
- Make balls from the dough and roll out into thick chapatis (these will tend to break, so keep them small)
- Roast both sides on a tawa till cooked and lightly browned. You can add some ghee while roasting.
- Transfer into a mixing bowl. Crush them lightly.
- Pour in the Jaggery and mix till smooth and lightly sticky
- Apply a little ghee on your palms and roll into small laddus
Your gluten free laddus are ready!